Friday, November 20, 2009

Spices Restaurant in the Crowne Plaza

This restaurant is brand new. I never used to like Indian food, but the Indian restaurants here have really opened my eyes. We started with calamari rings (pictured). They also provide you with three dips (pictured) and some naan to start off with. The two dips on the outside were very spicy and the green dip in the middle was cool and minty. We each ordered a tikka which came in little le creuset pots (pictured). It is three different courses, the left is hammour (fish) the middle is a lentil dish and the last was spicy shrimp. It was served with rice and naan. This was one of the best Indian restaurants I have eaten in. The service was excellent. I ordered prosecco to cut the heat from the main dishes and since they were out they brought me another sparkling wine and didn't charge me for the second glass.

No comments:

Post a Comment