Sunday, September 6, 2009

Week 1 - no sleep

Week 1 has been interesting. I can't sleep with the 8 hours time difference, so everything has been a little hazy. But what I do remember so far...

1. Camel rides for children
2. It's hot and there is sand everywhere, including my shoes (annoying)
3. I live in this huge villa with marble floors, a winding staircase and a huge kitchen, no pool though, boo
4. The grocery store has the most random and awesome produce ever, more pictures to come with that
5. There is a whole road designated to American fast food chains (McDonalds, DQ, Papa Johns, etc), all of which can be delivered to your house, who knew you could have McDonald's delivered
6. Yes, there is Starbucks. Not one on every corner like back home but there is one in every mall, alonng with caribou coffee and gloria jeans. There's no shortage of coffee here, that's for sure

There's more that I missed, I'm sure. As I get some rest and remember what's going on, there will be pictures and video clips of my adventures in Bahrain, England, Dubai, Germany, and many others.


2 comments:

  1. At least the American restaurants probably remind you a little of "home" :) You are so brave for taking the plunge & heading over to Bahrain! I am sure you & Kenny will have so many great adventures over there! -anndie v

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Joele!

    Greetings from O'Fallon! Your Dad shared your blog link with me, and I just looked at your most recent posting of your visit to Normandy. Wow! That must have been a very moving experience. I'm glad you got to see the sight of the D-Day invasion of 6/6/44 firshand. I would like to be able to see that myself some day. Thanks much for sharing it!

    Mike Cook

    ReplyDelete